Saturday, February 23, 2013

Avery's 3 Months!!

     Remember in school when you were learning about algebra and your teacher told you that a + b = c? I remember thinking what the heck I don't understand math and numbers as it is and now your telling me there's letters to? Give me a break!! Then I remember that feeling I got when I finally understood it! It was like some gears clicked and I had a new confidence that I would get 100% on my test! Ha ya right, I never got 100% on anything! There's a load of false confidence if ever, but on a happier more optimistic note, that's kinda how I felt yesterday (minus the self doubt and failing part haha, I'm starting to think this was a horrible example!).
     A girl I went to church with came over (I know what a great friend) and gave me a ton of pointers and instilled confidence in me for a shoot I have coming up, it's just of my nephew but I've never taken pictures of anyone else's kids but my own so there's no pressure and I don't expect much from myself then! So she came over and I fed her some broccoli cheddar soup (i felt so domesticated woot! haha) and we sat down and she went on about lighting and backdrops, explained about her favorite lenses and what she does when she goes for a shoot.
     Shes easy to bribe, a little food goes a long way! just kidding ;) It's amazing she was even able to come over because I worked shift work in ER and i know how chaotic schedules are! She so gave me some great criticism on my pictures I had taken of Avery before to! I also decided that if I want great bokeh shots and awesome portraits I need to invest in a 'nifty fifty' whooo good nerdy photography lingo eh? :)
     Anyways so I'm way more confident about my nephews pictures woop! And I'm going to try do some family shots of just my little family to hopefully!! Here's what I got for Avery's 3 month pictures!!






   

No comments:

Post a Comment